{Art Journal} Cats

Challenge Week 4: Cats – Study

I missed our little guest Luke recently! So I thought I will work on my kitty drawings. How do you like it?

Ania Archer, Cats

Here are some fun facts about cats:

1. On average, cats spend 2/3 of every day sleeping. That means a nine-year-old cat has been awake for only three years of its life.

2. When kittens are born, their eyes are blue – but they often change color as the babies grow.

3. Female cats tend to be right pawed, while male cats are more often left pawed. Interestingly, while 90% of humans are right handed, the remaining 10% of lefties also tend to be male.

4. Only about 80% of cats have the gene that allows them to respond to the effects of catnip. The other 20% are not affected by it

5. A cat’s brain is biologically more similar to a human brain than it is to a dog’s. Both humans and cats have identical regions in their brains that are responsible for emotions.

Ania Archer, Cats

6. The first cat in space was a French cat named Felicette (a.k.a. “Astrocat”) In 1963, France blasted the cat into outer space. Electrodes implanted in her brains sent neurological signals back to Earth. She survived the trip.

7. The biggest wildcat today is the Siberian Tiger. It can be more than 12 feet (3.6 m) long (about the size of a small car) and weigh up to 700 pounds (317 kg).

8. The smallest wildcat today is the Black-footed cat. The females are less than 20 inches (50 cm) long and can weigh as little as 2.5 lbs (1.2 kg).

If you want to learn more fun facts about cats check out these two posts: 17 Things Worth Knowing About Your Cat and 99 Interesting Facts About Cat.

Ania Archer, Cats

If you like my blog, follow me on Facebook, Flickr, Pintrest.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s